KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Execute Katerras risk management strategy; design, implement, manage & track total cost of risk metrics; deliver best-in-class risk management solutions; & manage all claims, including TPAs, for all business units across the US. The Claims Manager position reports to the Vice President of Risk Management & Insurance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide claims services to all business units including, but not limited to, the following lines of coverage: auto, workers compensation, general liability, property, stock throughput, pollution, CCIP/OCIP & builders risk.
- Develop & lead enterprise-wide claims management protocols to mitigate claim severity, claim costs & drive favorable claim resolution.
- Manage all claim programs, including incident management processes, cost-containment programs, TPA structure optimization, claim closure programs, etc.
- Via Katerras captive insurance company, manage profit/loss, claim handling, claim payment, audits, claim reviews, investigations, litigation, contract review, reserves & forecasting.
- Acts as primary liaison between Katerra & risk management vendors, including TPAs, insurers, brokers & loss control personnel to manage Total Cost of Risk (TCOR).
- Responsible for governance & performance management of all risk management vendors & service providers, ensuring accountability to service-level agreements & expectations.
- Work in conjunction with captive manager, counsel, banks & audit firms.
- Input, track, close & report claim statistics for management via Risk Management Information System.
Contractual Risk Transfer
- Acts as an in-house subject-matter expert for all claim matters regarding third party contracts, including client-facing contracts & downstream, subcontractor / vendor agreements. This role also contemplates working closely with our corporate construction counsel.
Insurance Procurement & Management
- Review insurance policy terms, conditions & exclusions to identify gaps in coverage to drive cost-effective risk transfer solutions for the enterprise.
- Partner closely with Risk Management leads & brokers to streamline all insurance data collection efforts in a centralized database.
Finance, Analytics & Compliance
- Develop, implement & manage a variety of risk-related metrics & reports for all levels of the organization & for internal & external partners & regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal metrics, reporting requirements & regulatory mandates.
Business & People Leadership
- Research, evaluate & make recommendations regarding trends & innovations in risk management.
- Develop & maintain relationships with key matrix partners (e.g. HR, Finance, Legal, Health & Safety, etc.) to proactively manage risk exposures & mitigate loss frequency & severity, including engagement in enterprise-wide special projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience managing complex claims.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Risk Management or related field from a fully accredited institution.
- Construction industry experience required.
- Experience with high-deductible programs, captives, large claim portfolios & programs.
- Ability to effectively identify issues, research & analyze complex matters, assess potential exposure, appropriately manage risk & propose alternative courses of action.
- Must possess high degree of technical & specialized competency in risk management concepts & all lines of corporate insurance.
- Must have strong financial & accounting acumen, budgetary discipline & ability to improve operational efficiency through expense reduction, streamlining & process improvement.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline driven, project-focused, continuously evolving environment
- Adept at problem solving & critical thinking.
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to develop & lead a professional staff.
- Ability to effectively, competently & convincingly interact with executive management, outside partners & consultants.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.