We are looking for a Demand Planning Manager to join our global Business Operations team in North America. The teams mission is to empower Flexport to achieve comprehensive business plans. In this role you will play a key part in setting up & running Flexports global S&OP process, improving demand forecasting, & developing tools to facilitate effective supply-demand management across different parts of the business. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across many groups including Sales, Client Solutions, Procurement, Finance, Data Analytics, & Operations.
- Work with GMs & Sales team leaders, Sales Ops, Data Analytics, & Finance to develop a demand forecast & improve its accuracy
- Utilize statistical forecasting, pipeline data, & other demand signals to develop a demand forecast at multiple levels of aggregation
- Dive deep into forecasting planning models to identify risks & manage & prioritize the roadmap of improvement opportunities
- Research & reconcile forecast variances, refine the forecast model to reflect updated business plan assumptions, & reduce forecast model variance.
- Lead weekly forecast reviews & install feedback loops to coordinate cross-functional collaboration, plan adjustments, & consensus activities
- Establish communication channels for sharing the latest forecast & key updates to facilitate alignment across demand, supply & operations teams
- Partner with the Supply teams on the Supply-Demand volume reconciliation process to arrive at an operating forecast across all Flexport services globally
- Design & produce reports that show a comprehensive view of forecasted volumes versus targets
- Partner with Demand leaders to develop allocation plans for supply of constrained services and/or identify services alternatives
- Measure & report monthly forecast accuracy & forecast bias metrics.
- Evaluate & recommend improvements to tools & technology to manage the demand forecasting process
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance demand planning & S&OP process capabilities
- Support cross functional teams with scenario analyses, & utilizing the operating forecast for business work streams as needed
You should have:
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.