About the Company:
Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razor blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. We launched Flamingo recently, entering the womens body care space, & have expanded into other areas. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team:
The demand planning team at Harrys is responsible for consumer product forecasting globally & is part of the Global Supply Chain organization. This team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance & in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions through the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
About the Role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical, collaborative & visionary person to join our demand planning team. This position will be responsible for evolving our demand planning process & forecasting a portion of Harrys North American retail channels. They will work in close collaboration with the broader supply chain, finance & sales teams & have frequent interaction with key stakeholders globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to & impact on senior-level operations, finance & strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York City office, but requires occasional travel & close partnership with colleagues in Germany & the UK.
Provide a change management & leadership role in the demand planning function.
- Promote a vision for the function that drives SKU-level forecasting accuracy & close collaboration with supply planning to optimize service & inventory metrics.
- Lead the transition from Excel based forecasting to a new demand planning statistical software platform.
- Leverage new methodologies such as ABC stratification of SKUs, management by exception & forecastability analysis to drive improvements in efficiency & effectiveness of the function.
- Create KPI scorecards to track progress.
- Lead the SDAP (strategic deployment action plan) & master plan (tactical work flow) to achieve these objectives working closely with other supply chain functions, IT & commercial leads.
Manage the monthly Harrys demand planning process for North American retail.
- Be the expert on the drivers behind the Harrys retail businesses by running monthly cross-functional meetings to gather information from stakeholders across the company
- Produce accurate demand forecasts by owning retail demand models.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, FP&A & distribution teams to determine the downstream implications of published demand forecasts
- Develop root cause analysis & countermeasures for forecasting accuracy issues by SKU, category, channel & customer.
- Report key assumptions, building blocks & forecast methodology to the Executive team including a monthly comparison of actuals against forecasts & insights & recommendations.
Work cross-functionally with different levels of the organization in UK, New York & Germany:
- Work closely with the FP&A team on annual budgeting & quarterly reforecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue, volume & growth drivers.
- Work with the FP&A, Strategy & Operations teams on revenue & margin gap improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product & R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Have significant exposure to the Harrys senior leadership & act as a thought partner on special projects & key business decisions
This should describe you:
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in demand planning or related function
- Experience with change management & project management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required.
- Experience using demand planning & ERP software
- Ability to manipulate data & insights to make recommendations
- Rigorously detail-oriented & produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate & communicate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus & results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own & drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions & fully embraces working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Sense of humor
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.