THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion & are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Blue Apron Marketing team is looking for a Sr. Graphic Designer for a 3-month assignment.
WHATS ON THE MENU
- Create visually-compelling branded marketing to support campaign rollouts & product launchesemail, landing pages, digital advertising, & printed materials.
- Manage workload & creative projects from concept to completion, communicating with all necessary in-house teams to keep projects on schedule & meet delivery deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with other creatives & stakeholders at all levels of the company to ensure that the look & feel of the brand is consistent across all communication channels & products.
- Bring our product to life & engage audiences through visual storytellingdevelop ideas independently & participate in brainstorming & creative concepting with a team.
- Take advantage of Blue Aprons data-driven environment by considering key metrics in a way that helps optimize design across channels in a clear & measurable way & be strategically-minded by executing a range of options for testing themes & positioning.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 6-7 years of graphic design experience
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery & graphic elements
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Organized, flexible & able to think & work beyond the creative brief; a problem solver ready to offer solutions when up against communication challenges.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously & prioritize your workload
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback & execute accordingly
- A passion for designing experiences that support, delight & engage customers
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture & start-up environment
- Enthusiastic about changing the way people eat for the better (Blue Aprons mission) & teaching people about food & cooking
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Photo shoot art direction & still life styling experience a plus
- Video concepting & storyboarding a plus
- Package design experience a plus
- Must provide a link to a portfolio or PDF of relevant work samples to be considered
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.