Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an RN Clinical Trainer to join our Clinical Quality & Training team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are an innovative, collaborative team focused on providing Oscar employees engaging learning experiences that meet the needs of clinical staff across the organization. We work with clinical team leaders to develop custom learning solutions for employee onboarding & ongoing education to help departments adapt & thrive as department needs evolve. We combine learning solutions with quality audits to ensure regulatory compliance & continuous quality improvement in departments we serve.
You are a creative, tech-savvy RN with strong utilization management experience who enjoys engaging with new people & can break down complex workflows into accessible learning experiences. The Clinical Review & Case Management teams perform some of Oscars most important clinical functions. You will be developing learning solutions for the Clinical Review & case management teams to encourage evidence-based practice. Your work will help ensure that our members get access to the right care - particularly those who need it most.
You will report into the RN Clinical Trainer Lead.
- Facilitating onboarding & continuing education learning experiences to Oscar Clinical Review & Case Management team members in virtual & in-person settings
- Support the onboarding & ongoing training for Case Managements Cigna + Oscar plan roll out
- Coordinating onboarding for new team members (facilitating obtaining appropriate systems access, developing training schedules & coordinating precepting & shadowing experiences)
- Collaborating with clinical department leaders & business stakeholders to identify team learning needs
- Develop interactive educational content (e-learnings, power points & other educational content) using instructional design concepts & adult learning theory principles
- Performing quality audits on Clinical Review team members to assess training effectiveness, UM clinical decision-making, criteria application, & documentation as needed.
- Monitoring quality trends to drive quality improvement activities - developing refresher training to address identified gaps.
- Other duties as assigned based on department & organizational needs
- Active & unrestricted RN license in Arizona (or the state the RN is located in)- BSN Preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- 2+ years experience in health insurance utilization management applying MCG criteria & Medicare NCDs/LCDs.
- Computer/tech-savvy- proficient in Excel, Powerpoint - able to work in multiple systems concurrently
- A passion for improving clinical decision-making & providing feedback to help people improve
- A track record for strong, evidence-based clinical decision-making & problem solving
- A detail-oriented professional who is also able to grasp global concepts
- Effective communication skills - must feel comfortable presenting & facilitating feedback in 1:1, small & large group settings
- Organized - able to successfully handle multiple deliverables
- Flexible! Must be able to adapt to changing organizational requirements with a positive attitude
- Masters degree, CCM, or other UM-related certification. Experience building or leading a clinical training & quality audit program
- Case management experience
- Regulatory or compliance experience - knowledge of NCQA requirements
- Experience facilitating virtual learning sessions using video conference platforms
- Working knowledge of Medicare, individual & small group health plan operations
- Understanding of adult learning theory concepts & instructional design
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.