Director of Sales Operations
As the Director of Sales Operations, you will set & oversee the strategic direction for the sales operations team at Convene. You will have the opportunity to lead a team in optimizing Convenes sales results & will be the nexus of converting data insights into actionable sales processes.
Sales leaders will depend on the Director of Sales Operations guidance in order to reach sales goals; the successful candidate will know best what the areas for improvement are & how to address them quickly & efficiently.
- Partner with stakeholders across Convene to set the strategic direction for the sales & customer success organizations & lead a team of Sales Ops direct reports in turning that strategy into reality
- Manage the evaluation & interpretation of sales data to identify trends & convert insights into actionable sales processes & tactics
- Define & own a clear set of policies & operating principles related to compensation & territory planning, including process, timelines, & SLAs
- Design technical solutions & identify integration opportunities with applications
- Own data maintenance, imports, exports, & updates using data loader
- Create reports & dashboards for the business
- Maintain a holistic view of all business processes & users in the system to understand cross-functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow & reporting
- Collaborate with our Sales team & help document major changes or enhancements for sales training
- Assist with the triage of support cases escalated to sales support
- Act as a leader & mentor to more junior members of the team, promoting growth, development & knowledge sharing
- 6+ years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role
- 6+ years of Salesforce experience, including project management/business analysis experience
- 2+ years salesforce administration experience
- Understanding of sales methodologies, sales funnel management
- Strategic, decisive thinker who executes quickly
- Proven proficiency in identifying, diagnosing, & resolving problems of all levels of complexity, prioritizing critical client issues & identifying department needs
- Strong leader who is a player/coach & can build, maintain & lead high-performing teams
- Ability to conduct sophisticated & creative analysis of complex data, & translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, & presentations
- Committed to data quality & high standard for accuracy
- Proficiency in all things Salesforce
- You are devoted to getting it right & getting it done.
- You love change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out solutions using informal influence, & your art & intuition.
- You are dedicated to finding & scaling efficiencies & you get personal satisfaction when cracking a tough problem
- Youre an entrepreneur & think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your career growth & greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
- Youre an analytical thinker; someone who thrives in the use of data to drive decisions AND you know data is not the end all & be all.
- You will be honest & trustworthy; a respected member of the organization who leads by example, & who people enjoy working with.
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.