Pager delivers a doctor in your family healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors & other members of the care team together through text, voice & video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services & solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes & healthier lives. Started in 2014 & based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology & healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is hiring a remote Senior Software Engineer, Backend to develop backend solutions for our suite of mobile & web-based products. The ideal candidate's prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges & execute them with precision & quality. This position is remote & were accepting candidates from anywhere in North America.
- Analyze challenging problems & successfully deliver results
- Increase test coverage via unit tests & integration tests
- Solve complex performance problems & architectural challenges.
- Work with the product & design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, & then translate that into a pragmatic & effective technical solution
- Bachelors Degree in CS/EE or equivalent experience
- Experience designing & deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring & logging practices.
- Experience designing, building & operating robust distributed systems
- Working knowledge of relational & non-relational databases & query authoring (SQL/NoSQL).
- Excellent analytical & time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Experience with Node.js is preferred
- Experience with RabbitMQ / Kafka is a plus
- Experience with hapi.js is a plus
- Master's Degree in a STEM field is a plus
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS & Android
- React, Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
Our engineering team is composed of multiple disciplines including mobile, web, backend & machine learning. You will have a chance to work with individuals who are very passionate about their craft & share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes only full-time engineers who are located in New York City & around the world.
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.