This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) is a brand-new service that allows hundreds to thousands of marketplace sellers to access Walmart's state-of-art supply chain capabilities & bring their products to customers with best-in-class delivery experience. We are building a robust platform used daily by hundreds of thousands of users ranging from corporate associates, enterprise customers & small business owners. You will be part of an exciting journey to build a multi-billion-dollar business from the ground up.
Warehouse Management System-WMS (initially part of Jet.com) is the first party WMS that has been chosen to be the backbone of WFS due to its cloud first design, agility, speed & reliability. Weve built a highly distributed system on the tenets of DDD & CQRS. We often deploy 100s of our nano-services daily. The entire codebase has been build using F# & has been migrated to .NET Core. We want to keep growing our functional programming skills & the paradigm is something we continuously advocate within the team & out.
Our tech stack includes: Azure, Kubernetes, Event Store, Cosmos DB, Table + Blob Storage, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, Azure Queues, & more.
- Youll design, develop, deploy & maintain existing & new features that will benefit our existing network of Thor Fulfillment Centers (FCs)
- Develop massively scalable services to provide a continually improving experience for our internal customers (FC associates) as well as the growing list of WFS sellers
- Youll have the opportunity to introduce & champion best practices, both around distributed systems & functional programming, & help the team grow our engineering practices
- Visit the Thor FCs to see the Walmart Associates using the system you build & identify areas of improvement
- Are passionate about writing & maintaining high-quality software that solves meaningful problems at scale
- Are passionate about being part of a highly collaborative & supportive team & growing together, expanding the teams tech knowledge & practices
- Take ownership of pain points or areas of improvements on their own & drive them to resolution
- For Junior Candidates
- Have 3+ years development experience
- Focused on learning & self-growth
- For Senior Candidates
- Have 5+ years development experience
- Have experience in cloud or distributed systems
- Want to solve complex issues at scale
- Azure, .NET experience a plus
- F#/Functional experience not necessary but a massive plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Bonus : Participate in our teams book club as we further our personal growth & learning