BetterCloud is the leading SaaSOps platform that enables IT professionals to discover, manage & secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, & Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes & policies across their cloud application portfolio.
We are a high-energy, high-growth product company seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as an Engineering Manager. A strong background in software engineering is a must, as is experience leading teams of 5+ people.
Were big believers in continuous delivery & use metrics like cycle time, defect removal efficiency, & mean time to resolution as tools to improve & get better. Our products live in the cloud on Googles Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes AngularJS / React on the front end, Java (primarily), & Scala on the application side, & a mix of relational & NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, CloudSQL, ElasticSearch, BigTable, BigQuery, & Googles Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data & requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka & Flink.
We dont expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. Were simply looking for a software engineering leader who loves to lead & mentor highly functioning development teams & loves to learn. The ideal candidate has spent time as a software engineer, transitioned to an architect or team lead role, & has managed a development team. If you have these qualities & are willing to hit the ground running then were the place for you!
- 6+ years experience building enterprise level software solutions
- 3+ years (most recently) leading & managing teams of 5+ people
- A solid understanding of Scrum or Kanban & how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way
- Ability to work with Product Management to break down epics into manageable chunks that can then be executed on by your teams
- Ability to mentor & coach software engineers of various levels of experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & be highly collaborative
- A bachelors degree in computer science or engineering
- Acts as a mentor, leader, & manager for the software engineers on their team. Works to turn software engineers into tech leads & tech leads into architects.
- Builds a tight relationship with their corresponding Product Manager. Works with the Product Manager to develop the roadmap for their team(s) & then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with architects & technical leaders to help define, evangelize, & achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- As a continuous delivery advocate, you constantly look for ways to make your team more efficient. You embrace KPIs like cycle time & defect removal efficiency & treat them as tools we can use to improve.
- Acts as a coach & cheerleader for your team. You attend sprint planning meetings to ensure everyone understands & buys into the goal the team is looking to accomplish & help remove any impediments that may be in their way. You celebrate wins! You look for learning opportunities in the misses.
Compensation | Benefits
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership & technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.