Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our Connected Devices software team, helping Casper expand its product lineup to consumer electronic devices that help their customers sleep better (think Casper Glow Light!). Casper has a history of delivering delightful, high-quality digital experiences to its customers, including mobile apps connecting to physical products. If you would like to play an integral part in building on that solid foundation, are motivated & inspired by working in an iterative environment with experienced engineers, & are passionate about building stellar mobile products, then we'd like to meet you!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Work closely with Creative & Digital Product to launch new products & create delightful experiences that impress our rapidly growing customer base
- Own & drive software quality assurance lifecycle as part of SCRUM/Agile processes
- Work with team to define user stories & tasks & the associated acceptance criteria/tests
- Create, maintain, & execute test cases
- Detect, isolate, reproduce, document, & prioritize defects
- Communicate QA status, product quality, & release readiness effectively
Our dream candidate...
- Has 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer
- Is proactive in working with developers on new features/bug fixes & understanding what & how to test them
- Has experience working with bug/task/test management systems (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)
- Is comfortable working in a technical development environment (e.g. Git, scripting, IDEs, Jenkins/Travis)
- Has experience with Web/API testing & debugging tools (e.g. Postman, Charles, Fiddler)
- Has experience with CI/CD tools & able to utilize to support testing needs
- Can parse iOS/Android/API crash logs to isolate & identify causes of defects
- Has experience and/or interest in automated testing tools & processes
- Nice to have:
- Has experience working with Connected / IoT products
- Has experience working with AWS backends
- Has experience working with databases
- Has B.S. in Computer Science or related degree
The syrup on your waffles
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you! And Summer Fridays.
- Paid 5 week sabbatical after you have been with Casper family 5 years.
- Generous Parental Leave.
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!