The Marketing Analytics team at Peloton is a full-stack team responsible for data, analytics, & predictive modeling to accelerate & optimize connected fitness membership growth across all marketing channels. The team consists of 3 functional areas: Analytics Engineering, Marketing Science, & Product Marketing Analytics.
Peloton is looking for a talented individual to build & lead our newly formed sub-function within Marketing Science: Portfolio Optimization. This team will be responsible for cross-channel & portfolio-level advanced analytics, & will build & improve our advanced analytics capabilities like media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, cross-product media measurement, & cross-sell/upsell forecasting & optimization.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen & communication skills with world class quantitative skills, with experience in leading & applying multivariate modeling & disciplined analytics to drive marketing effectiveness.
- Build out advanced statistical modeling & machine learning capabilities across a variety of marketing applications
- Lead discussions with technical & business stakeholders to align on underlying business problems/questions, application of specific statistical/ML models, & data/results interpretation
- Combine advanced modeling with business context to provide actionable recommendations on optimal business & channel mix allocation for a $100M+ global media budget
- Lead deep dives on macro business drivers based on first- & third-party data to synthesize insights & understand underlying root cause (e.g. is it causation vs. correlation)
- Own our relationship with external modeling partners, & dive deep into underlying methodologies, results, & business implications
- Evolve internal multi-touch attribution methodologies & capabilities to enable optimal real-time marketing decisions
- Develop & operationalize predictive models to improve cross-sell (e.g. Bike to Tread) & upsell (e.g. Bike to Bike+). You will also validate models & business impact through rigorous testing
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing data science and/or product analytics
- 3-5 years of experience building & leading top-performing teams in a people management capacity
- Deep experience with media mix modeling & other advanced analytical techniques (e.g. multivariate regression analysis, predictive modeling, logistic regression, supervised & unsupervised machine learning, casual impact, stochastic modeling, Markov chains)
- Fluency in Python (strongly preferred), R, SAS, SPSS, or other advanced statistical packages
- Highly proficient in SQL, with the ability to write complex & nuanced data extraction/cleaning against new or unfamiliar data sets
- Experience with scientific computing & analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, dplyr, or ggplot2
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Pyplot, ggplot2
- Proactive, thoughtful, & highly organized self-starter; thrives in ambiguity & solving open-ended problems without a clear right answer
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships across the organization. Also needs to be able to distill technical or complex matters into clear & concise explanations to senior leaders & less technical stakeholders
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.