Away is looking for an Executive Associate to our VP of Brand Marketing & our VP of Creative Strategy. The ideal candidate will manage schedules, coordinate travel, & get both VPs where they need to be on time. More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization & represent the company & brand in line with our culture.
You minimize conflicts & maximize productivity for the VPs, enabling them to do their best work. In addition to being highly organized, youll thrive in this role if youre an incredible communicator. This person facilitates communication with our team to make decisions, help prioritize & get things done on time.
This position reports to the VP of Brand Marketing & the VP of Creative Strategy & is based out of our headquarters in NoHo, New York City.
What youll do:
- Anticipate needs of the VPs before & during each workday
- Heavy scheduling & prioritizing of the day-to-day incoming communication, requests for time & managing approvals process
- Ensure VPs are kept on schedule & on time for all meetings
- Manage calendar to ensure a productive & positive workflow to the day's activities
- Handle all travel arrangements, as needed
- Stay up-to-date on company priorities & keep your finger on the pulse of the organizations needs
- Facilitate planning for team meetings & offsites
- Resolve expenses monthly
- Interact with employees of all levels
Who you are:
- Have at least 1-2 years of full-time experience as an Executive Associate or in a similar role providing administrative support to a senior executive, preferably in a marketing or creative capacity
- Heavy calendar, travel, & meeting planning experience required
- Demonstrate ability to juggle & prioritize multiple tasks & projects simultaneously & successfully
- Emotionally intelligent
- Excited by supporting others
- Excellent Mac skills & superior proficiency in Google Calendar
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Possesses strong project management skills; one who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.