Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join the Cockroach Labs team. You will be responsible for partnering with our sales, sales engineering, product management, & engineering teams to deliver effective messaging, content & tools that represent the value of our company to our prospects, customers, partners, & community. Youll also take an active role in the development & implementation of sales enablement (tools & training), outbound messaging, & our competitive information program.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team & develop the sales playbooks & associated bill of materials that supports our sales process
- Establish the competitive intel core competency & be the go to expert on our competitive differentiation
- Develop product positioning & messaging that resonates in the enterprise database market
- Enjoy taking a leading role in content creation & aim to be a thought-leader on the team
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we are with our product marketing efforts & where we need to be. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team & will take the lead on the development of many of the aformentioned artifacts. You will own a sales play & become integrated with our external sales team, capturing critical information that will be used to have a material impact on company revenue.
- Experience building trusted relationships/partnerships with sales in order to train & enable field resources
- Proven capability of cultivating value from technology & deliver this message through sales tools.
- Proven ability to deliver content including some of these items: sales playbooks, presentations, guides, webinars, blog posts, web content, & white papers
- A love for research - particularly competitive & landscape analysis
- A passion for breaking down complex topics & motions into simplified frameworks
- Strong analytical & synthesis skills
- Strong collaboration skills & a passion for bringing together diverse views
- A knack for interacting with customers & partners
- The ability to learn quickly & apply new knowledge to current problems
- 2+ years of product marketing experience within enterprise software
Reporting to Jim Walker - Vice President, Product Marketing
Jim is a recovering developer turned product marketer & has spent his career in emerging tech. He believes product marketing is one of the most strategic functions in early-stage companies & takes pride in helping organizations translate complex concepts into a compelling & effective core narrative & market strategy. The list of startups he has had full-time roles include ServGate, Vontu (purchased by Symantec), Initiate Systems (purchased by IBM), Talend (Nasdaq:TLND), Hortonworks (Nasdaq:HDP-CLDR), EverString, CoreOS (purchased by RedHat/IBM) & his current gig, Cockroach Labs.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.