Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Acceptance growth is central to the India & South Asia growth story. Deeper partnerships with acquirers, merchants & payment intermediaries is a critical component of Visa's expand access strategy. Equally so is the ability for Visa to enable better customer experiences & grow business for our partners. Visa facilitates this by providing solutions & platforms that reduce friction in commerce, enhance convenience & ensure higher security in payments
.The Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team is the global Visa organization entrusted with the responsibility of growing acceptance, deploying our acceptance payment solutions & deepening partnerships. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by enhancing market investments & building the right talent & organization to execute.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The incumbent in this role will play a critical role in deploying Visa's acceptance solutions with Visa network participants & partners. This person would manage strategic initiatives, business planning & analytics. Some of these priorities include the successful deployment & expansion of Visa's contactless & QR strategies, implementation of Visa's ecommerce solutions as well as initiatives such as marketing or growth initiatives. The person would also be a key coordination point with internal peer organizations such as India & South Asia Product & Asia Pacific Acceptance Solutions teams. This is position has an India & South Asia remit & reports to the Senior Director, Acceptance Solutions & Strategic Initiatives, India & South Asia.
- Manage acceptance solutions deployment & proliferation across the range of Visa e-commerce & point-of-sale solutions
- Be a key contributor to new product development & work with cross-functional teams on GTM plans & monitoring performance
- Manage the business planning & performance processes including progress against AOP & MYP & performance management
- Execute on acceptance solution roadmap for the market cluster working closely with Visa Product, CyberSource & AP Regional teams
- Develop & execute long-term strategy for business growth & monitor progress against existing strategies, making changes & corrections periodically
- Payments expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate & drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
- Program Management & Deployment. Program manage solution development & deployment working with internal & external stakeholders. Develop & track against detailed project plans with timely management reporting & escalation to ensure timely delivery
- Market understanding of the payments industry & India / South Asia market landscape. Industry experience in the payments ecosystem including acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchant acceptors, payments networks or fintech operators is desirable.
- Functional experience in product development, project management & or strategy / consulting is desirable.
- Familiarity with payment systems (switches, gateways, directories etc.) & architectures. Understanding of mobile payment & e-commerce platforms, services, & commercial models
- Curiosity & keenness to develop an understanding of new technologies, payment business models & profitability drivers
- Flexibility, cultural adaptability & ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment managing varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures & industries.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher education in business or technology. Ability to engage meaningfully with senior partner executives across banks, merchants, payments intermediaries & technology firms.
- Full time position, based in Mumbai, India. Ability to travel for business is required