The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Drive change. Make impact. Join us on our mission.
As a Planning Specialist Lead for the Sporting Goods category, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning & forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories ensuring that assortment, price & availability are a win-win for our customers & Walmart eCommerce. Creativity & agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends & synthesize information from multiple touch points providing financial plans & supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You wont do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues & have access to industry-leading merchandising tools & technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business & financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the art to the science of retailing, were also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge & expertise with your team & foster a collaborative & supportive environment.
- Collaborates with sub-category team members (category management, site merchandising) to understand & provide input into financial plans.
- Coordinates & completes demand plans for sub-category suppliers/sellers; models future buying & inventory plans
- Assists in the development of buying & inventory strategies for the sub-category
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met, & summarizes findings
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial data (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for department.
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix) for department.
Forecasting And Financial Planning
- Creates forecast parameters & modifications & provides input into financial strategy for department.
- Monitors vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P & 3P). Identifies potential goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting. Implements new item/product forecasts
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Provides input into sub-category budgets, season buy plans & line review financials.
- Assists in the placement & validation of orders within sub-category & monitors orders to ensure proper quantity & pricing
- Collaborates with Supply Chain & Inventory Management team to constantly evaluate systematic & manual ordering, ensuring that department is staying within Open-to-Buy parameters.
- Coaches less experienced team members & provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance
- Mentors less experienced team members
- Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience in demand planning, finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related field