Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build & deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a product manager to drive the user experience for the identity, access control & organizational features of our product. Reporting to the Sr. Director of PM for Developer Experiences, this Product Manager will work with a cross-functional team including Product Design, Product Engineering & other Product Managers to experiment & iterate on all aspects of user, team, project, & account functionality.
DigitalOcean is loved by developers for its simplicity. Obsession for customer service, & love for developers are core tenets of our culture & business strategy. This is a chance to start from a beautifully designed product & own the complete accounts & teams experience for our customers. You will be empowered with direct access to customers, design team research, cross-functional support, & the ability to work as a member of an agile team to deliver a better experience for all of our customers..
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative & comfortable work environment, & the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced & growing technology company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Work across teams & functions to provide an amazing accounts & teams experience for our users
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics & user stories, prioritizing & grooming the product backlog
- Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements & create user stories.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality
- Develop business cases & model unit economics for identity, access management, & accounts/teams initiatives
- Develop the roadmap for our identity & access control features
What Well Expect From You:
- Demonstrated positive impact on user experiences, preferably account-related experiences, with an eye towards ease-of-use
- Data-driven approach, articulating hypotheses in terms of objective measures & projected outcomes
- Agile product management / product ownership experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to grasp & learn new technologies.
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus).
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!