At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
As a part of the Design QA Team (Quality Assurance) at Lyft, you will ensure the high quality standards of all of Lyft's products & features. Using your extensive knowledge in product design, systems thinking, & platform best practices, you will diplomatically evangelize & educate feature designers & engineers on external & internal best practices. Feature designers will request for you to analyze, identify & eliminate defects in their Figma designs during the refinement phase of their projects.
In this role you will act as the liaison between Central Design & Feature Design teams, ensuring Lyfts guidelines are adopted across new & existing features. You are able to precisely articulate design rationale from both a guideline, systems & product point of view, & can present to diverse stakeholders from all across the company.
- Remain up-to-date & well versed on all platform guidelines including, but not limited to, WCAG, Apples HIG, Googles Material Design / Android
- Remain up-to-date & well versed on all internal guidelines including, but not limited to, Lyfts quality principles, brand guidelines, & design system
- Diplomatically evangelize & educate feature designers & engineers on external & internal best practices.
- Analyze, identify & eliminate defects in feature designer Figma designs pre-design to engineering handoff.
- Create high-quality mocks & interactive prototypes to communicate your work. Use guidelines to inform your reasonings.
- Present cross-functionally to Product Design, Engineering, Product, & Brand, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale & goals.
- Inspire the entire team & our internal partners by bringing new ideas to the table & defining next-generation interfaces.
- Knowledgeable in all best-in-class native & web guidelines, especially WCAG, Apples HIG, & Googles Material Design / Android
- Experience working in UX field, production design-like role
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, Tablet, Mobile Web etc)
- Proficient with current design tools (Figma)
- Excellence in craft / attention to detail
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food & Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.