Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York & Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires an accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing & fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized & skilled at communication & problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will champion the advancement of processes & controls in general accounting that will enhance the accounting & overall finance function. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Prepare monthly journal entries & reconciliations as part of the month end close process in areas including (but not limited to) payroll & benefits, international entities, intercompany accounting, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of analytical reviews on a monthly basis for assigned areas
- Research on various accounting topics & transactions, as they arise
- Continually develop, expand & improve financial reporting procedures
- Work with the finance team to develop & maintain control procedures & documentation
- Support the year-end financial statement audit & quarterly reviews
- Help prepare & maintain consolidated financials for GAAP & Management reporting
- Participate in accounting projects & initiatives with other members of the accounting/finance team & outside departments
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. CPA certification is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership & show initiative in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly identify challenges, prioritize, analyze the root causes, seek to understand the rationale behind current processes & propose solutions while getting buy in from key stakeholders.
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus
- A mix of public & private accounting is a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!