Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are seeking an experienced Culinary Development Manager to join the HelloFresh Culinary team. The Culinary Development Manager will be responsible for driving the day-to-day culinary recipe development process, will manage a team of Recipe Developers, & will also contribute to recipe development. This role will be responsible for leading their team to develop delicious new recipes & also innovate on existing recipes with the end goal of driving excitement across our customer base for all our brands. The recipe development process includes development for multiple diet & meal preference types while maintaining specific cost & nutritional targets. The role is cross-functional & will work closely with Operations & Brand teams to develop the best possible product.
- Manage a team of Recipe Developers to develop new recipes on a weekly basis maintaining product fit, cost, & nutritional targets. Additionally, develop 2-3 new recipes weekly maintaining the same targets.
- Manage & guide the recipe development process & team of Recipe Developers to create products with specific dietary requirements including but not limited to Paleo, Vegan & Keto
- Lead team to bench top test all new recipes & evaluate through Culinary Team panel tastings to critique & produce the best product using data driven insights
- Ensure the end-to-end culinary recipe development process from ideation through initial ediorital steps is successfully executed across the team weekly
- Identify, make recommendations, & implement solutions for process improvements
- Lead and/or support manager in weekly collaboration with Culinary, Menu, Product & Editorial teams
- Obsessed with food!
- Innovative You are passionate about the world of product/ ingredient design & innovation. You bring a valuable perspective from your vast experience.
- Collaborative - Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, & able to work well with diverse opinions & competing priorities.
- Flexible - Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Bias For Action Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas & projects.
At a minimum, you have...
- Culinary degree or certification from an accredited program
- Nutrition, Food Science, or Dietician background a plus
- 3+ years in Recipe Product Development
- 2+ years managerial & mentoring skills supervising culinary teams or individuals, with the ability to lead & interact with cross-functional teams
- Culinary experience working in the food industry
- Computer skills including Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides
- Creative mindset to quickly change & adapt to new processes & change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritize & manage your own workflow
- Enthusiasm to work both independently & collaboratively to accomplish a shared goal
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.