Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Insurance Controls Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Insurance Controls & Monitoring team at Oscar drives compliance within Oscar's operational control framework, which includes the Model Audit Rule (MAR) & Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements. We manage insurance controls across business segments & operational processes by coordinating & overseeing the development & application of creative operational processes, identifying potential deviations or trends which may require process changes.
You will support regulatory compliance within our operational control framework which includes Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Model Audit Rule (MAR) & Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements, coordinate regulatory audit requests & updates to regulatory procedures to ensure we manage insurance controls across business segments, improve operational processes, & meet regulatory requirements across the full scope of Insurance Operations.
You will report to the Director, Insurance Controls.
- You will manage implementation of clear, scalable & dynamic operational processes which support regulatory & audit requirements.
- You will monitor processes to ensure compliance with control frameworks & adherence to regulatory requirements across Insurance Operations
- You will assist process owners in gathering evidence of control reviews & uploading documentation to relevant platforms
- You will work with process owners to implement corrective action plans identified in internal control breakdowns.
- You will use internal tools & technical processes to complete database queries & dashboard creation
- Understand relevant policies & workflows & assist Insurance Operations with creating & updating regulatory procedures to align with new or changed regulatory requirements
- You will maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- You will partner with the corporate compliance department during regulatory audits to understand the regulatory data requests & coordinate the gathering of the required information from across the Insurance Operations organization
- You will provide leadership, while coaching, providing feedback, & mentoring the team members
- 5+ years of professional experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- Experience supporting process improvement, designing operational controls, documenting procedures, workflow building, & project managing
- Experience with SOX, MAR & SOC1 assessments & control frameworks
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in audit, management consulting, strategy, healthcare
- Working knowledge of database languages (SQL).
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.