Profile Director Business Marketing Operations
Are you an outstanding leader? Can you solve complex problems of scale & drive change across a geographically diverse team of 17,000+ employees? Are you excited about joining one of the most successful brands in e-commerce & online travel?
Booking.com is the planets #1 accommodation site. With a mission to empower people to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 214 offices worldwide, our 17,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day. As we continue to scale at incredible speed & embark on our next chapter, we are actively recruiting the next generation of global executives, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of functions.
We are currently looking for a world-class Business Marketing Operations Director, to lead the operations & infrastructures of the global marketing department reporting directly to the CMO.
This role will encompass three major components.
First, the Director of Business Marketing Operations will be responsible for incoming briefs from Business Units & other functions from within Booking.com, ensuring they are funneled to the appropriate teams within Marketing & the fulfilment of those briefs from marketing campaigns.
Second, the Marketing Operations Director will be responsible for liaising between the CMO, Finance, the central Strategy Team & channel owners within Marketing to ensure that overarching business strategy is brought to life through our marketing channels in the most efficient & impactful ways.
Finally, the Marketing Operations Director will be responsible for the administration of resource allocation within Marketing, which would include (but is not restricted to) consolidated financial reporting & guidance, FTE allocation & technology resource allocation.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer & SVP, Pepijn Rijvers
Ensure that the Marketing department is capable & resourced to Build, deliver & optimize campaigns according to business performance targets.
Lead Marketing as a Service efforts across Marketing & the Business.
Lead & deliver cross-functional strategy for the Marketing department, including (but not limited to) devising strategy, communicating internally & externally, & of outputs of that strategy.
Deliver financial reporting of Marketing spend & and associated revenues for use by Finance, Business Units & internal Marketing teams.
Empower continuous marketing innovation by driving new initiatives in marketing at Booking.com.
Combine world class digital media market, technical knowledge & data analysis to help develop, activate & optimize a large variety of complex campaigns across channel owners in Marketing.
Cultivate strong, productive relationships with external stakeholders (platforms & agencies) to improve performance across all channels.
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in marketing
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill the output of complex datasets to business applications
- Experience with running, overseeing and/or designing advertising experiments
- Experience managing advertising campaigns at scale (including but not limited to Search, Display, Rich Media and/or Online video executions)
- Strong leadership & team management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Strong attention to detail & the ability to make data-driven decisions: understand the role that analytics plays in programmatic
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- & medium-term goals with a strong focus to action.
- An ability to translate business needs into business opportunities which can be executed in small steps, & prioritize them according to business value & impact.
- Highly organized, pragmatic & results-focused
- Ability to clearly outline & present plan & future goals.
- Open for input & feedback, while being able to influence people being challenged by change.
- At least a Masters degree in an analytical or experimental field preferred ideally in Marketing, Economics, Statistics.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES:
- Publicly identifies needed changes or directions that need adjustment, challenges assumptions & norms.
- The ability to think big & simultaneously understand & appreciate the details necessary to operationalize overarching strategies & goals; The ability to make sense of complex issues & ambiguous situations.
- Challenges assumptions about the way things are done.
- Communicates explicitly what must change, why changes are necessary, & possible outcomes & costs.
- Adjusts communication style to the audience to help them understand & accept the change.
- Encourages people to support & propose changes & ideas.
Building relationships, Collaborating & Influencing
- Establishes relationships & enhances the levels of cooperation, collaboration, & trust that exist between people, interacting with others personally, competently, & effectively. Establishes relationships inside & outside of the organization. Fosters a culture that makes people feel valued & respected & leverages even difficult or tense circumstances to enhance relationships.
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both acts as true peers & decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary & meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives & reaches out to those people or new people.
- Responds resourcefully, flexibly, & positively when faced with new challenges & demands. Willingly & effectively deals with the stress & complexities of various situations. Moves forward productively under conditions of change or uncertainty
- Demonstrates & fosters a sense of urgency, a can-do spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, & strong commitment to achieving goals & organizational success. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership & a commitment to achieving meaningful results.
- Checks work of self & others against required quality standards.
- Reviews performance & progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results.
- Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging & implements corrective action based on deviations.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness
- A strategic thinker yet focused on execution; able to roll up the sleeves to get things done
- Self-starter with high energy & drive; fast paced & results driven; forward thinking
- Experimental, ready to learn & open to change
- Keep the customer at the centre of everything you do
- Data driven
- Good cultural & organizational sensitivity
- Committed to building a diverse, inclusive work environment