Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building high-performing teams & creating experiences that your peers will love.
DigitalOcean is seeking a highly motivated & experienced CICD Automation Engineer to lead the team technically to design, build & architect a complete CI/CD environment using existing tools for the company.. The CICD team is focused on innovating how we test & deliver software & will be working with every engineering team at DigitalOcean to improve our ability to deliver high quality solutions to our customers fast & efficiently.
Even more so than in other engineering roles, this team must be outstanding communicators & bridge-builders across different parts of the engineering organization.
Youll put your experience to work improving our CICD infrastructure & pipelines, & helping development teams design & implement their solutions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Innovating how we test & deliver software
- Maintain & provide user support for CICD systems such as ConcourseCI
- Provide technical leadership to engineering organization to develop a better CICD solution that is used by all engineering teams at DO
- Provide guidance & document best practices for writing & testing software
- Researching emerging tools, trends & methodologies & enhancing existing systems & processes to use them
- Working with interesting technologies such as Go, Rails, Docker, Sentry, Prometheus, CI/CD pipelines & more
- Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on
What We'll Expect From You:
- Expertise with orchestration & configuration management tools, e.g. Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Expertise with CICD platforms, e.g. ConcourseCI, Drone, GoCD, TravisCI, CircleCI, Spinnaker, etc.
- Expertise in writing & testing concurrent software for distributed systems
- Deep understanding of the process of writing & supporting software, from concept to production
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python, C/C++, or Java
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!