As a Tanium Software Engineer Ifocused on Cloud technologies, you will build & maintain best-of-breed products & infrastructure as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model & feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new product ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, & deploy the products & supporting services from the ground up, while iterating with product management & customers for feedback & input.
What youll do:
- Build & maintain Tanium's cloud products & services as part of an agile development team
- Implement intuitive front ends for customer-facing & internal applications
- Build backend microservices with well defined APIs
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, messages buses, & other server side technology
- Create automated unit tests, API tests, integration tests & ensure quality delivery
- Author technical documents & artifacts for developed software
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree or related technical field preferred
- 2+ years industry experience
- Experience building high-impact, high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, supportable, & maintainable backend services & APIs
- Experience with React or similar front-end technologies
- Experience with HTTP API design & development including REST and/or GraphQL
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with modern software engineering development & automation tools like git & CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with containers & microservices a plus
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi) a plus
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos) a plus
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability & supportability
- Believes in the power of & the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Comfortable debugging yours & others code in production environments
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern backend software frameworks & the versatility to learn new tools & languages
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.