Critical Mass is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our Finance team for a term position covering a maternity leave. Working closely in the Calgary office with the Corporate Accountant, this person will work in the accounts payable area & perform other general filing duties.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with processing Accounts Payable bills, includes issuing POs for vendors & matching the vendor invoices to correct POs, securing approvals, & entering in accounting system
- Perform general office duties including maintain the AP mailbox, photocopying of bills, invoices, & other supporting backup documentation
- Reconcile & process the corporate credit cards
- Assist with general inquiries about coding, vendor setup, etc. from AP team
- Assist with pulling backup for quarterly SOX testing
- Adhere to accounts payable standards & policies
- Ensure all deadlines are met & invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Assist with special projects
- 1-2 years experience in accounting or finance
- Sound accounting knowledge coupled with strong technical skills
- Strong keyboarding & data entry skills
- Familiarity with foreign currency transactions
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products: Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent financial accounting system would be an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-motivated & able to work with limited supervision
What We Offer:
- Global maternity & parental leave
- Competitive benefits packages
- Vacation, compassionate leave, sick days, & flex days
- Six free therapy sessions
- Access to online services for families & new parents
- Extensive winter holiday office closures
- Summer Fridays (off at 3:00 PM local time every Friday)
- Diversity & Inclusion Board with 12 affinity groups
- Funding towards internal learning & development
- Enterprise-wide employee discounts
At Critical Mass, we value our employees & offer competitive compensation & benefits packages. If youre looking for a challenging & rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of our employees, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position today!
The Talent Team at Critical Mass is focused on ensuring we provide the best training, onboarding, and
employee experience possible! Our new hires & employees are the future of our organization, & we
want to set you up for long-term success. In an effort to do so, we expect our team to work from an
office a minimum of 4 days a week. The ask stems from our want to:
Strengthen opportunity for continuous learning
Improve collaboration & team relationships.
Increase employee engagement
This work model balances the need for individual flexibility while maintaining the relentless customer
focus we provide at CM. We understand that not everyone may feel comfortable with this expectation,
so we ask that you please let us know immediately if there are any concerns so we can help navigate
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to fostering diversity, equity, & inclusion within our pool of candidates, with a target of achieving at least 50% representation from underrepresented communities.
The Critical Mass Talent Acquisition team will only communicate from email addresses that use the URLs criticalmass.com and us.greenhouse-mail.io. We will never ask you to send us money, technology, or anything else to work for our company. If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please review your local government consumer protections guidance & reach out to them directly.
If U.S. based: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams#avoid
If Canada based: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/finance/consumer-affairs.html
If U.K. based: https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights
If Costa Rica based: https://www.consumo.go.cr/educacion_consumidor/consejos_practicos.aspx