AVADO exists to help everyone achieve their potential, with lifelong learning that works. Our digitally-powered learning gives people & businesses all over the world the critical skills they need to succeed in today's rapidly changing world - & tomorrow's. Our unique approach to lifelong learning combines deep expertise, collaborative learning, scalable technology & award-winning learning design to deliver experiences that have real impact. Our goal is to reinvent learning for fulfilling lifelong careers.
AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals & 2,000 businesses globally including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, & EY. We have partnerships with the Google Digital Academy & the CIPD, offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg & New York & we are backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UKs largest venture builder.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role will exist to help grow what is essentially a new business division & will be a key commercial position within the wider AVADO organisation. The clear market opportunity is to drive B2B revenues to a level where they are more than half the companys revenues over the next five years, with the initial focus on the UK & parts of EMEA, but with wider international ambitions.
The Corporate Account Director will help drive this growth by being accountable for primarily managing a portfolio of high-value customers within a sector. This role will also serve as an entry point into a fast growth & exciting business for an exceptional candidate who has the potential to progress through the organisation.
- Identify & secure new business through successful solution selling of the AVADO/Arch product portfolio as well as strategic account growth
- Build strong & long-term network within specific industry sectors at HRD & L&D Director level & C-Suite
- Build vibrant sales pipeline to meet annual target expectations the consists of the full AVADO product portfolio
- Produce sales presentations using existing collateral libraries to match clients needs & expectations
- Provide clear & accurate reporting of sales outcomes & activities
- Lead negotiation of prices & contracts with clients
- Develop & grow existing account relationships through deep understanding of client needs
The ideal candidate
- Strong commercial leader with a track record of growing revenues at scale from global corporates via effective & efficient account management
- Preferred but not essential interest in those with Digital, Data, Technology & Professional learning
- Experience in L&D & HR is highly valued, however the ability to consult on & sell complex solutions in a digitally disrupted, fast moving industry is key
- Must be an engaging leader, with high ambition, & the ability to drive & motivate.
Experience & skills
- 5-10 years of corporate sales experience, with personal & direct responsibility for revenue targets
- A strong command of the learning buyer ecosystem
- Experience & ability to manage complex & lengthy sales cycles
- The ability to identify client challenges, & develop creative solutions in close collaboration with clients
- The ability to effectively & persuasively communicate with global corporate decision makers (Director+ level)
- A demonstrable track record of high performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & negotiating skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset & practice: you enjoy working as part of a team, rapidly iterating on strategy, & getting your hands dirty to build something great
- A highly intelligent person, analytical & curious but also grounded & pragmatic
- Somebody comfortable with ambiguity & dealing with changing business situations, in fact someone who thrives in this environment
- A down to earth, hands-on operator capable of working in a collaborative & effective manner with colleagues of all levels
- Confident with gravitas, a natural, authentic leader
- A superb communicator & influencer
What we think we can offer you:
- Leadership of a growing & ambitious function in a VC-backed company operating in one of digitals most exciting & growing spaces - EdTech
- Ownership & responsibility to make things happen & make a real difference, working with some of the worlds leading brands
- A fast-paced & exciting challenge which is well-funded & actively supported by encouraging investors
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.