Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities something that couldnt be more important right now in our world, & in the tech industry.
Meetup is seeking a Head of Acquisition Marketing to help grow our business. Your job is to lead the business & consumer marketing acquisition strategies, promotional campaigns, partnerships & programs across all platforms (Desktop, mWeb, App, Events, Social, etc). The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of digital marketing experience in consumer & business acquisition.
The Head of Acquisition Marketing must have be a master of performance marketing, as well as an expert in all areas of acquisition marketing (paid & organic), mobile (App & mWeb) & social media platforms. The individual will have experience with marketplace/two-sided business models, subscription revenue models, as well as direct & sponsorship revenue models. The candidate should also be well versed in consumer & business marketing creative & messaging, media, reporting & analytics.
The job is for an experienced, strategic, organized, driven to succeed individual who is able to execute in a fast paced, vibrant, entrepreneurial environment.
- Create & execute marketing plans that drive business & consumer growth (audience & revenue)
- Allocate resources (time, people & money) to optimize return on marketing investment.
- Develop direct marketing strategies & tactics to support subscription-based & sponsorship based revenue programs (online & mobile), while also collaborating with the business to develop new revenue streams.
- Oversee marketing program development, execution & measurement in order to significantly grow audience & revenue in a cost effective manner.
- Be a strategic partner with the product, business strategy, & other teams to achieve goals & execute plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve challenges & seize opportunities.
- Build strong working relationships with co-workers, peers, direct reports, & partners.
- Manage performance marketing budget to deliver target goals & ROI.
- Own Day-to-day responsibilities for development/execution/measurement of acquisition marketing strategies that relate to Meetup.
- 12+ years of performance marketing experience with a focus on business & consumer audience & revenue growth.
- Strong analytical & creative background.
- Extensive experience with SEM, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Display, Social, Mobile & Partnership development.
- An innovative thinker with demonstrated success in translating broad concepts & ideas into exciting, clear & logical communications, leveraged in multiple venues (online, mobile, offline).
- Experience driving acquisition for mobile apps.
- Excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills.
- Highly organized & detail oriented.
- Hands-on manager who is comfortable in end-to-end execution & thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid grasp of trends & industry topics as it relates to marketing & interactive media, as well as business & consumer trends; ability to quickly grasp the implication of those trends & translate into relevant positioning & programs.
- Strong marketing communication skills including writing, messaging & creative development.
- Expertise in online media fundamentals including targeting, web/mobile analytics (Omniture, Google Analytics, Flurry, etc), quantitative/qualitative analysis & basic research tools.
- Superior analytical skills with a strong advocacy for data & measurement.
If your experience fits some but not all of whats listed, wed still love to hear from you!
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?