We are a group of passionate individuals working towards making TouchBistro the #1 global POS product. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, & freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal & professional growth, true teamwork & collaboration, & celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, & arent afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team youd like to be a part of, get in touch!
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, as a Software Architect, Restaurant Platform you will be charged with continuing to grow our award-winning point-of-sale software as the brain of a restaurant. With a scope of responsibility in terms of architecture across both server-side & in-venue components, there are numerous technical & innovative challenges to solve. You will be responsible for ensuring that our product has solid foundation following a service-based approach using well-defined APIs with the goal to deliver a fault-tolerant & offline resistant commercial platform.
- Collaborate with & mentor development teams to effectively deliver on product goals as they relate to our Restaurant Platform providing oversight on solutions, ensuring they are built to be scalable, maintainable, extensible, & fault-tolerant
- Contribute to the technology roadmap for our Restaurant Platform that considers growth, reusable components, development at scale, & innovation to deliver on core restaurant functionality including menu management, staff management, payment processing, & restaurant reporting & analytics
- Establish a principle to building service-based solutions that promote design by contract, low coupling, high cohesion, & reduced complexity across our Restaurant Platform
- Evaluate & research strategies & solutions to synchronize, replicate, & update data across our Restaurant Platform in a robust & fault-tolerant manner
- Ensure security across our Restaurant Platform is considered at every step of the design, development & delivery process
- Document & maintain architectural standards, goals, & decisions established to ensure consistent communication across the organization
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or a related field required
- 5+ years server-side application development
- 2+ years in a technology leadership role
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts & ideas to all levels of employees & management
- Expert in API design, development, & testing
- Experience with developing services in support of mobile applications
- Strong knowledge in database development & data replication practices
- Prior work with either Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Microservice platforms
- Hands-on experience with iOS development and/or Android development is a plus
- Point-of-sale development, hardware firmware development, payment terminal integration, or hardware integration are nice-to-have
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro youll join a fun, vibrant & rapid growth environment where youll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative & respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, Friday lunches & more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.