Squarespace is looking for a Revenue Accountant to support our growing accounting operations team. You are a detail oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. You will be based in our NYC Headquarters & report to the Accounting Lead.
You will be based in our NYC Headquarters & report into the Accounting Lead.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Help with the end-to-end accounting close for our subscription revenue business
- Prepare journal entries & account reconciliations in compliance with ASC 606
- Prepare flux analyses & other analytics to help review the monthly results
- Coordinate with the financial engineering teams to investigate system bugs, quantify materiality, & test system changes before deployment
- Assist with internal & external audit requests & maintain documentation to support a SOX compliant controls environment
- Support new business initiatives by developing efficient & scalable accounting processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role in a SaaS environment
- Experience with ASC 606
- Technically minded individual comfortable with communicating accounting
- requirements to engineers
- Excellent Excel skills required & comfortability with large data sets
- Experience with ERP systems required (NetSuite )
- Familiarity with SQL
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.