The Dodo is looking for a highly skilled writer to join its new commerce team. On a day-day-basis, youll own pitching, researching & writing articles for a variety of business-oriented verticals, including affiliate marketing & pet wellness pieces. You will ensure all content meets brand standards for voice, trustworthiness & monetization optimization. You will also use your industry knowledge to participate in discussions around coverage areas, packaging & strategy.
We are looking for someone with superb writing & grammar skills & an exceptional track record of success in affiliate commerce and/or SEO content. The successful candidate will be creative & adaptable, & able to channel the Dodo brand into a fun, relatable, identifiable written voice. But you will also ground your work in analytics & best practices, have a keen eye for business & always be thinking about how to optimize for monetization.
You are intensely reliable & accountable; you can work quickly & independently but welcome feedback from a collaborative team environment; you are positive & can-do even under pressure; & you are motivated by change & success & always want to stay two steps ahead of industry & brand best practices.
Most of our content will be targeted at pet owners, so applicants who have pets, past or present, are a huge plus.
- Writing affiliate articles for all animal lovers, particularly pet parents, that drive clicks & contribute to significant revenue stream
- Writing fun, informative pet wellness pieces that build an engaged, trusting audience of pet owners
- Owning all aspects of article production, including pitching, researching & packaging
- Obsessing over data & analytics to optimize articles, & help build team best practices on both creative & monetization fronts
- Writing copy for company projects & initiatives on an as-needed basis
- SEO optimization on front & back ends
- 2+ years experience in writing affiliate & SEO-driven content, with a quantifiable track record of achievement
- Excellent writing & grammar skills
- Creative voice that can adapt itself to a variety of platforms & content types, while staying true to the Dodo brand
- Ability to marry creative skills with a deep understanding of business & analytics goals
- Reliable & independent self-starter, but with a positive & team-friendly attitude
- Love of animals & familiarity with the Dodo brand pet owners are a plus
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
Who is The Dodo?
The Dodo is the worlds #1 animal brand andand the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres. Were obsessed with creating fun, entertaining, emotional content that makes people fall in love with animals. Were looking for committed, proactive & positive people who want to help build our brand & grow with our company.