Zola is looking for an upbeat, organized, & empathetic individual to lead our best in class customer support team. Our Support team is the heart of our company & takes great care in taking care of our couples & customers. As a leader, you will engage & manage an organization of full-time & seasonal agents throughout the year.
- Provide the strategic vision to continue to build & scale the support team with a mix of remote & in-office agents.
- Determine the correct mix of in-house agents & partnerships to provide best in class support & meet department KPIs within our hours of service.
- Manage an organization that offers coverage (7 days a week 10AM-10PMEST)
- Continue to iterate on what best in class service means & recalibrate our SLAs as needed.
- Drive agent & customer satisfaction as an advocate for your internal & external customers.
- Owner of agent productivity & quality through process enhancements, systems, hiring, training, etc.
- Manage the support budget & partner with finance to manage costs.
- Account owner for external relationships for tools & services - Renegotiate & renew any contracts as needed with 3rd party vendors, manage quality, explore new products to add to the support ecosystem
- Lead initiatives to drive amazing employee morale & connection as we continue to work remotely for the indefinite future.
- Coach a team of 3 5 direct reports (shift supervisors & support managers) to manage the day to day operations of the support.
- Collaborate with our talent team to continue to drive team development of both agent & supervisors.
- Launch & manage an explorer-ship program to provide continued growth opportunities for agents within the Zola organization.
- Create long range & short range staffing plans. Partner with the talent team to select the best agents & iterate on our hiring practices.
- Continue to grow the trust & safety team to monitor the site for payment abuse, terms of service violations & other malicious activities.
- Continuously provide feedback to the various business verticals & Product teams to enhance the customer experience.
- Drive internal improvements to our agent administrative portal & advocate for resources & prioritization in back office meetings.
- Continuously strive to reduce incoming contacts, increase agent productivity & decrease agent handle time through internal process improvements, tech optimizations & 3rd party tools to drive efficiency.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects to support company-wide goals & initiatives as needed.
- Be a culture carrier in the organization as the main advocate of the support team in all things.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- 8+ years of experience in e-commerce, customer service, retail, hospitality or a related industry. This isnt your typical call center gig! We welcome unconventional candidates with diverse backgrounds.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills & ability to communicate clearly & effectively (both written & verbal)
- Analytically minded with the ability to leverage data to drive decisions & recommendations. Strong Excel skills required, knowledge of SQL preferred
- Ability to train, motivate & manage a team.
- Ability to remain cool, calm, collected & organized, even in times of high volume.
- Naturally intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn & try new things in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have a proven ability to set, communicate, meet, & measure short- & long-term goals. You have the ability to drive action & make tough decisions.
- Experience managing remote teams & outsource partners a plus.
- 2+ years utilizing Zendesk or other CX focused tools for customer communication & ticket management.
- Ability to fulfill & organize multiple projects simultaneously, while being an ambitious problem solver -- youre never afraid to get your hands dirty!
Only serious & qualified candidates will be considered. If you think you'd make a great addition to the Zola Team, please reply with your cover letter & resume.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville & Montreal. Were hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!