Senior NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) Engineer - Reliability
We are looking for an experienced noise & vibration engineer specializing in rotating machinery such as: electric motors, flywheel & belt noise. You will need a broad engineering skill set & an approach to NVH engineering that is focused on the experience of the end user of our products, from the powertrain sound quality of Peloton Products to the sound quality of the overall functionality within a Consumers environment. You will work with a team of versatile EE, ME & Reliability engineers & collaborate with design & manufacturing teams.
- Determine sources & root causes of structure borne & airborne noise from electric motors, gearboxes, flywheels, belts, etc.... Recommend design improvements & work with the design teams to test, validate, & implement improvements.
- Perform sound source localization & transfer path analysis to quantify & rank contributions from rotating machinery components.
- Perform component-level testing on test fixtures or dynamometer & correlate component level results & trends to NVH performance on the complete product
- Perform testing on Products from sub-system to full system verification.
- This role is mostly focused on testing & analysis but experience with vibroacoustic simulation, gear train modeling, Python, LAbview, or Matlab would be helpful.
- Bachelors degree with 4 years of professional NVH experience
- Masters degree with 2 years of professional NVH experience
- Experience in fault detection of rotating machinery using microphones, accelerometers, torque transducers, shaft encoders, zebra tape, etc...
- Experience using order analysis, cepstrum analysis, torsional vibration analysis, sound intensity mapping, experimental modal analysis, & transfer path analysis for structure borne noise in vehicles
- Experience with tonal sound quality metrics such as hearing model tonality, prominence ratio, & solid understanding of hearing perception & psychoacoustics.
- Understanding of basic gear design, gear inspection, metrology, & NVH issues related to manufacturing variability
- Basic understanding of noise & vibration issues related to electromagnetic interactions in electric motors
- This role is mainly focused on testing & analysis but experience with vibroacoustic simulation or powertrain modeling would be useful
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.