BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Were looking for a resourceful intern to embed on our Community editorial team this summer to communicate with & provide helpful support for our content creators, assist with large-scale projects, & moderate posts for quality. This is a 3-month remote paid internship. Chicago-area applicants preferred but not required.
You will learn how to apply BuzzFeed's Community standards, guidelines, ethics, & philosophy when advising users. You will also learn to be comfortable with building online relationships & how to assist with user feedback. An extrovert who loves interacting with users & is enthusiastic about being creative is preferred. Youll have a willingness to learn & take on new tasks. Previous experience with interacting in online communities preferred.
- Working closely with Community Strategist to give feedback to & encourage Community contributors.
- Vetting editorial submissions for quality & adherence to editorial standards
- Assisting with sending swag & prizes to top users.
- Answering user feedback & support emails.
- Moderating & interacting with users in our online Community forums (i.e. Facebook group & Discord channel).
- Coming up with innovative ways to encourage users in these groups.
- Passion for & proven ability to interact with online communities in a positive manner.
- Being up-to-date on the latest online trends, on BuzzFeed & beyond.
- Passion for BuzzFeeds voice & brand, especially lists & quizzes
- Organizational & time management skills when new tasks are added to their schedule.
- Proven interest in & knowledge of social media.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working with online communities, digital publishing, or user feedback a huge plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.