SoundHound is creating & productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies & award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication & fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees & users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, & weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, andthe opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
- You will work as a key part of a small, collaborative team building tools & technology to empower our developers & drive the next generation of our core platform
- You will solve problems & implement solutions across a breadth of challenging domains, ranging from high performance algorithms & data structures to finite state machines to developer UX
- You will build rapid prototypes to prove functionality & then breakdown & refactor to reusable pieces that can benefit the entire project
- You will also Perform code reviews & provide feedback on design & implementation to help improve the codebase
- Proficient in c++ with exposure to modern c++ (up to & including c++17)
- Experience working on multi-threaded software
- Experience with regular expressions & formal languages
- Familiar with build configuration systems such as Autotools, CMake, BJam, etc
- Familiar with development in a Linux environment
- Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing compilers & related tools
- Experience with build systems, operations, & deployment
- Experience with xUnit unit testing frameworks
- Experience working with plugin architectures or other systems that load dynamic code at runtime
- Experience with cross-platform development
- Experience with profile-driven optimization
- Spanish, French, German, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume & cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.