The Manufacturing Test Manager (Development & Execution) will lead a global team of manufacturing test engineers, providing day-to-day, hands-on manufacturing test system leadership, development, execution & support in conjunction with internal engineering teams & CMs, JDMs, ODMs, OEMs ensuring manufacturing test processes are robust, repeatable & controlled. The Manufacturing Test Manger lead a team of engineers in gathering technical/customer requirements, research, design, develop & recommend, develop manufacturing test processes, create/manage project timelines, oversee NPI & running product changes. Manufacturing Test processes will include, but not limited to, IQC/OQC, In-line test, & final assembly (FATP).
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (SW/FW/EE/ME/HW/QC/MFG) to ensure robust manufacturing test strategies, providing expertise in manufacturing test development & execution
- Lead, mentor, coach a global team of manufacturing test engineers, establishing a standard of excellence
- Own the scope, schedule, implementation & tracking of manufacturing test projects & results from start to finish
- Set goals, track deliverables, manage expectations, identify risk & drive mitigations across all stages of the project
- Lead quotes, build, & validation of manufacturing test equipment that meet required test standards as defined by Pelotons products requirements
- Author manufacturing test SOP/WIs for operating necessary equipment & performing tests repeatedly
- Evaluate the product designs & create the manufacturing test processes, fixtures & operating procedures
- Lead manufacturing test specification development for new & existing product designs; development mechanical requirements, write test plans & lead test coverage based on product requirements
- Develop state-of-the-art test equipment, test fixture design, ATE equipment (HW & SW)
- Develop manufacturing test approved vendor & components list. Initiating & developing vendor relationships.
- Develop automated test scripts for product functional tests using C/C++/Python
- Design, build & deploy manufacturing test platforms for manufacturing partners (HW & SW)
- Analyze, troubleshoot, & root cause manufacturing test yield issues & field escapes
- Experience in crafting & supporting high volume data collection from multiple systems in a manufacturing environment to identify, measure & present critical metrics needed by the Peloton engineering teams
- Manages the manufacturing test FW/SW change order process (ECR/ECO)
- Develop manufacturing test equipment specifications; lead equipment build & validation
- Perform statistical process analysis (Gage R&R, SPC, CP/CPk, Minitab, etc.)
- Research & recommend new manufacturing test applications & processes
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education & Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline is required. Electrical, Computer Science, IT, or Mechanical, MS/MBA a plus
- 5+ years of managerial, supervisory experience preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on, product-specific manufacturing test development & execution required (NPI to MP)
- Extensive background in high-volume manufacturing test development for consumer products
- Solid experience in quality metrics, process characterization & mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT, & Continuous Process Improvement
- Subject matter expert with scripting languages, particularly C/C++/Python, Familiar with Android/IOs & windows programming
- Production Test experience in PCBs, electro-mechanical assemblies, Motor systems (stepper, DC, AC)Hydraulic & pneumatic systems etc.
- Experience with CAD; AutoCAD Electrical, SolidWorks a plus
- Extensive experience in developing or integrating manufacturing test hardware fixturing & instrumentation
- Solid ability to Interpret engineering drawings (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Problem solving & corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Execution of large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Confluence, CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
This position is primarily located in Manhattan, New York. Candidate must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business.