Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
- Set up bank payments as requested by the Treasury team, Accounts Payable, Financial Operations & other relevant team either manually or via batch upload.
- Ensure requests for payment are properly authorised in accordance with group processes & procedures prior to set up.
- Ensure that payments are fully processed in a timely manner in accordance with group processes & procedures.
- Maintain payment templates in accordance with group processes & procedures. Provide evidence of payments as & when required.
- Keep all banking mandates up-to-date.
- Assist in the review of access to banking portals ensuring sufficient coverage of users across the organisation.
- Maintain Bank Account Data Management.
- Prepare, complete & manage all documents for new accounts openings.
- Maintain up-to-date contact data for all network banks.
- Be hands on in gathering the required information for new Send markets.
- Gather financial information to send & receive market banks as they request information for company reviews.
- Assist in the preparation & maintenance of department policies & procedures.
- Proactively assist Treasury management team with strategic Treasury projects (e.g. SWIFT, TMS etc.).
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting preferred, or extensive experience in a similar treasury function
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience of being involved in payment processes or communication to banks
- The ability to prioritise & meet deadlines efficiently within fast-paced environment
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing environment, with an enjoyment of problem-solving & a strong analytical mindset
- An excellent communicator, both written & verbal
- Organisational skills
- Able to operate with minimum supervision
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.