At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Flexdrive (FD) is a member of the Lyft family of companies. Our mission is to offer drivers diverse car rental options according to their needs. Flexdrive enables scale & structure for vehicle acquisition, lifetime value maximization & vehicle remarketing needs.
We are looking for an experienced fleet operations specialist who is passionate about the opportunity to work with Flexdrives operations team. In this role, you will focus on providing support in managing recovery efforts, creating & producing reports as well as assisting in other areas of Flexdrive as needed. The ideal candidate for the role thrives in a fast-paced culture within a complex problem space, has a proven track record of working cross-functionally to drive results, & is willing to roll up their sleeves to convert ideas to action.
- Manage & develop local recovery vendor partnerships
- Execute vehicle recovery strategy for non-returned rental recoveries, vehicle impounds, & vehicle general movement of the Flexdrive fleet
- Partner with & provide support to Lyfts Express Drive team & other clients to ensure vendors are meeting SLA targets, solve problems & assist with at risk vehicles
- Work with vendors to recover difficult vehicles in researching GPS history data
- Track, report & provide administrative support & approve fees to vendors for impound recoveries
- Manage a vehicle recovery platform similar to the Recovery Database Network for vehicle recovery & impound assignments, user admin, & invoice approvals & batching, & vendor compliance
- Leverage Recovery Database Network reporting to provide weekly recovery reporting, create & administer off platform reporting as needed
- Understand the stolen vehicle process & manage the stolen vehicle funnel for all cars that stay in recovery for 30+ days
- Assist & provide operational support on other Flexdrive areas such as remarketing, insurance & accounting as needed
- Manage National Insurance & Crime Bureau inventory uploads & alerts to identify cars that may have been reported stolen, & when flags have been lifted
- Centralize our impound processes to eliminate redundant efforts, & accurately identify live impound cases, & monitor all recoveries
- 5+ years of experience in the automotive industry, having spent time in rental car space in operations
- Previous experience designing implementing operational processes
- Experience working with internal, & outside business partners
- Experience in creating recurring reports as well as ad hoc reports
- Strong understanding of vehicle operation platforms & shared spreadsheets
- Demonstrates experience in supporting complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates communication, leadership, interpersonal, & problem-solving skills across all levels of management
- In depth understanding in scaling businesses & operations
- Ability to write, speak, & present effectively & persuasively at all levels
- Strong analytical & organizational skills; ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously; ability to achieve success in situations with high degrees of variation & complexity
- Operationally-focused, process-oriented, data-driven, & simply able to get stuff done
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.