Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
500px, the worlds premier photography community, is looking for an exceptionally talented Product Designer. We need someone who is well versed in UX & UI design & wields this superpower to create amazing digital experiences. We need someone who can utilize design to not only meet the needs of our users but the needs of the business. This person should be comfortable moving quickly, in this fast-paced environment, & performs well in a multidisciplinary setting.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop ownership over your projects, spot problems in your domain & make sure they get attention
- Work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to define the product
- Conceptualize product through iteration & prototyping to surface the best solutions
- Prioritize & organize your work against team goals in conjunction with your manager, & minimize time spent on creating unnecessary deliverables
- Utilize the right medium, whether mockup, or sketching, to communicate changes & get them into production
- Continuously improve a product based on user feedback & analytics to get it to near perfection
- Contribute to team productivity by sharing knowledge & documentation
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A designer with 2+ years of experience working in the field.
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, HCI, digital media, or related discipline
- A portfolio demonstrating your previous work in a visual design and/or user experience capacity
- Been part of a team that has shipped software that solves real users problems
- Have experience working in with an agile design process & are capable of shaping your own
- Ability to diverge & converge on problems & iterate to surface the best solutions
- Ability to look at the user experience holistically & detailed-oriented
- Able to work within constraints & find creative ways to solve problems
- Have experience designing mobile interfaces on the web, iOS & Android
- Practice design as a team sport & leave your ego at the door
- Competitive salaries, quarterly bonus structure
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks & drinks
- Great health & dental benefits, paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- If you have worked on an online social platform with a large user base
- If you have a passion for photography
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Case challenge
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.