Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for an MBA Intern to help execute complex, multi-disciplinary projects on behalf of the CEO & other members of the Executive leadership team. Reporting to our Senior Strategy Manager or our Manager of New Business Strategy, you will work cross-functionally on critical projects related to developing & executing on our go-to-market approach, health plan strategy, and/or operating model.
Applications for this role will be collected & reviewed on a rolling basis until March 5th.
As an MBA Intern, Growth & Strategy at Maven, you will:
- Tackle discrete project(s) to help shape Mavens go-to-market approach and/or internal operating model
- Analyze internal data as well as market & competitive trends to inform strategic decisions
- Develop & package compelling & insightful recommendations for the Executive team
- Roll up your sleeves & partner across cross-functional teams to drive execution in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
Were looking for you to bring:
- MBA candidate with expected graduation in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022. Dual degree with MPH is a plus, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years (3+ years preferred) pre-MBA experience working in business strategy, operations management, healthcare, or consulting
- Strong quantitative skills including financial modeling & analysis
- Distinctive problem-solving & analytical skills combined with business acumen
- Excellent written & oral communication & interpersonal skills; direct experience presenting work to senior executive audiences
- Significant entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, & willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems
- Bachelors degree with a strong educational track record
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Knowledge of key trends in the healthcare industry, particularly in womens & family health
- Prior experience in a fast-growing startup environment
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.