WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2011 by Amy Jain & Daniella Yacobovsky Fiala, BaubleBar has quickly become an industry leader in the accessories space. Taking their motto of Embellish Every Day quite literally, the brand has consistently aimed & succeeded at ensuring every customer can express themselves with ease.
While the company got its start creating fashion jewelry, they knew that their cheerful & unique vision could go so much further. Since then, BaubleBars assortment has expanded to include fine jewelry, hair & tech accessories, as well as home dcor.
In addition, BaubleBar has launched major partnerships with some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Disney, the NBA, & the NFL.
The brand is available on BaubleBar.com & in over 300 premier retailers globally, including Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, ULTA, Harvey Nichols, & Revolve. BaubleBars exclusive line at Target, SUGARFIX by BaubleBar, is found at every Target location across the U.S.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Tax Accountant who brings comprehensive knowledge & principles of sales & use taxes coupled with basic knowledge of corporate tax & other regulatory reporting. Reporting directly to the Senior Controller, this person will be responsible to oversee all the Companys regulatory filings with various jurisdictions. We are looking for someone who has strong analytical, organizational, & problem-solving skills to join the BaubleBar team. This will be a hands-on role with an opportunity to make a significant impact on a rapidly growing company. Being a self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging & fast-paced environment will allow you to thrive in this role.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Responsible to oversee various tax obligations for the Company, including but not limited to, sales tax, properly tax, income tax, business licenses & annual reporting requirements
- Analyze sales tax transactions daily to ensure accuracy & proper financial reporting
- On a monthly basis, reconcile all sales tax reports to the general ledger saving down appropriate files for support in the event of an audit
- Manage the monthly filing process of sales tax returns with Avalara in approximately 40 States
- Review sales tax exemption certificates for our wholesale customers & ensure proper setup in our systems to exempt the customer from sales tax, if applicable
- Work with Tax Accountants to provide various documents for income tax filings throughout the year
- Manage all tax related payments for the Company where applicable
- Oversee property tax obligations & filing requirements
- File annual reports as required in various jurisdictions
- Produce ad hoc reporting & analysis as required
- Position will be remote (residing anywhere in the United States & authorized to work in the U.S.) Standard working hours to coincide with 9:00 am- 6:00 pm EST
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field of study
- 4-5 years of sales & use tax compliance experience
- Ability to perform sales & use tax analysis & provide recommendations for areas of improvement
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Assumes ownership & execution of individual responsibilities & strict deadlines
- Familiar with third party sales tax platforms such as Avalara
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheet applications
- CPA or CPA candidate is a Plus but not required