Be the microphone to CBIs voice. Promote techs hottest research. Engage with todays most influential media.
News outlets look to CB Insights as an authoritative resource on emerging industries & technology trends. As the PR Manager, youll help expand our media outreach & execute expansive communications programs to increase news coverage & brand awareness.
The Role Youll Play:
Were looking for a curious & enthusiastic self-starter interested in translating data into newsworthy stories. An ideal candidate is a news junkie not afraid to dive deep into a wide variety of industries like digital health, retail, & fintech.
Youll own several PR initiatives to secure coverage, increase our share of voice, & drive market awareness. Youll play a key role in highlighting CBIs exceptional research, the strength of our technology, & the value we provide our corporate clients. The ideal candidate will be media-savvy, have a keen eye for interesting angles, & clearly communicate with a wide variety of internal audiences, from executives to analysts.
This is a great opportunity to join the PR team of one of the fastest-growing tech startups in NYC. Youll work hand-in-hand with the PR senior manager & director while utilizing your communications skills in a unique in-house environment.
About the Marketing Team:
The marketing team at CB Insights is big on team collaboration. Team members are willing to jump in, even if it is out of their job responsibilities & work together to get goals across the finish line. There is never a dumb question, we are always willing to sit down & talk to each other & share our knowledge. The team has a work hard play hard mentality. Hard work is valued & building relationships with team members is equally as important.
Your Main Tasks:
- Conduct proactive media outreach around CB Insights reports & research briefs
- Engage daily with reporters seeking data & commentary on emerging technologies
- See ideas through to coverage as you identify new editorial opportunities that span multiple verticals & potential story angles (customers, product, trends)
- Solve unforeseen challenges as a results-driven project manager who can handle multiple projects simultaneously & autonomously
- Work closely with various internal departments to devise & execute communications programs
- Monitor press coverage & report on PR metrics, providing updates to key stakeholders
What you bring to the table:
- 4-5 years of PR/communications experience with agency background
- Critical thinker & go-getter whos not afraid to dive into datasets & tackle niche topics
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with media relationships
- BA/BS degree
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!