Who we are
All Star Code is a non profit computer science education organization serving Black & Latino young men. Few organizations prepare this underserved group for careers in the innovation economy. Our ultimate goal is to close the wealth, income, & opportunity gaps. Our mission is to create economic opportunity by developing a new generation of boys & young men of color with an entrepreneurial mindset who have the tools they need to succeed in a technological world. Our vision: All Star Code envisions a country where all young men of color have access to the tools of success, & where the ability to thrive is available to all who are willing to dare greatly.
Finance Intern - NY
All Star Code is looking for an eager undergraduate student to serve as our Finance Intern. This position is an incredible opportunity to become exposed to a wide variety of activities in a growing finance department at a pioneering nonprofit organization. The ideal schedule would be two days a week with an average of 10-15 hours weekly. Position available immediately.
- Process Accounts Payable & expense reimbursements
- Enter & reconcile monthly credit & debit card transactions.
- Prepare list of invoices to be paid on a weekly basis for Finance Manager.
- Enter deposit logs into accounting system.
- Assist in Annual Audit preparation, e.g. pulling donor records, gathering requested documentation.
- Perform other accounting & administrative duties which may include assisting in preparing monthly financial reports, developing and/or utilizing spreadsheets, databases & other computer applications.
Ideal Candidate Profile & Qualifications
- Good analytic, communication, & presentation skills.
- A foundational knowledge of accounting.
- Currently studying Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- A strong work ethic. Must be detail-oriented, hardworking & enthusiastic.
- The ability to prioritize multiple assignments & to handle complex tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work as part of a team, both departmentally & organizationally.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is desirable but not essential.
Compensation for this position is an hourly rate of $15.00/hr.
All Star Code is an equal opportunity employer & welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.