Away is seeking a Web Production Associate to help manage day-to-day site maintenance & product launches. This role will be working closely with the Web & Digital Product teams, along with internal cross-functional business owners to produce digital projects from the development phase to launch. The right candidate is a fast-paced & detail-oriented individual who is eager to learn & take on a wide array of responsibilities.
This position is based out of headquarters in SoHo, New York City & reports to the Associate Manager of Web Production & sits on the Digital Product & Production team.
What youll do:
- Work as a member of the Web Production team to manage campaigns & product launches, from concept through development, delivery, launch, & post-launch optimization.
- Serve as a main point of contact for triaging bugs & escalating to the engineering team when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal business owners on projects that contribute to business objectives (including Creative, UX, Growth Marketing, CX, Engineering, etc.).
- Work with the creative team to define creative needs for the website & develop needed assets that meet brand guidelines (copy, photo, video, etc.).
- Work as a member of the Digital team to conceive initiatives that improve both individual & team efficiency.
- Ensure messaging & product assortment is up-to-date across all site versions
- Be responsible for maintenance & overall quality of Aways website.
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in an e-commerce environment. Prior startup experience highly preferred.
- You have experience with e-commerce platforms (Solidus, Magento, Shopify, etc.).
- You have familiarity with CMS tools (Contentful, Wordpress, etc.)
- Experience with QA process, including initiating, reviewing, & triaging bugs.
- You have experience with project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc.).
- You can communicate effectively with both technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- You can work both independently & collaboratively in a team environment.
- You are a self-starter, & are willing to jump in & get the job done if necessary.
- Are intellectually curious & eager to understand how / why something works (or doesnt) for a user
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.