Experience: All Levels
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
Weve grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
Youre a research scientist who has published in top tier conferences & are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI & directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, & are an excellent collaborator & communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art & solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: transfer learning, reinforcement learning, active learning, information diffusion, image/video/text event classification & semantics, etc.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing & new products).
- Contribute to the research community via publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice & have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in one or several of the following topics above, with demonstrated ability to deliver practical solutions.
- Outstanding publication record (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.).
- Experience in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments & demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
- Familiarity with machine learning & practical experience in training & deploying models (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Professional experience in industry (requirement varies depending on level; recent graduates must have had relevant internships).
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Note:For this role, only candidates with Ph.D.s in the areas above will be considered. If you do not meet that requirement please consider either the Data Scientist or other positions.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.