The newly formed Revenue Analytics Engineering team at Peloton is responsible for core data & reporting that drives Connected Fitness-related sales across a variety of go-to-market channels (e.g. E-Commerce, Retail, Inside Sales, Partnerships) & business lines (e.g. Bike, Tread, Accessories, Apparel). Peloton is looking for a talented individual to join the team to build & maintain foundational data infrastructure essential to accelerating & optimizing acquisition efforts across the Revenue organization.
This will be the first Analytics Engineering hire on this team, & will be instrumental in shaping the teams technical direction & growth. Were looking for someone who can:
- Build & maintain ETL pipelines from third party sources (knowing the difference between ELT & ETL, & when each is appropriate
- Architect performant, accurate, & scalable data models using dbt & LookML using DRY (dont repeat yourself) principles
- Set up tests to ensure data quality, monitor daily job execution, & diagnose/fix issues to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- Understand business context & support analysts/business stakeholders in creating & standardizing source-of-truth Looker Explores & Dashboards
- Document work, prioritize data governance, & evangelize best practices
At Peloton, weve invested in a modern data tech stack (Redshift, Fivetran/Stitch, Airflow, dbt, Looker) & a world-class data team. If youre excited about utilizing the best technology out there & being part of a growing team that values collaboration, proactivity, disciplined decision making, & knowledge sharing, wed love to hear from you.
- 4-6 years experience in an analytics engineering, data engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics role supporting go-to-market organizations. Serious plus: Understanding of data feeds coming from various tools used by sales teams (e.g. Salesforce, Drift Chat, Talkdesk, Booking Bug, Marketo) and/or retail businesses (e.g. SAP, Netsuite, Shopify)
- Expertise in SQL & ETL optimization techniques, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Redshift, as well as use of OSX command line & version control software (git). Plus: Knowledge of AWS ecosystem/CLI & data ingestion tools (e.g. Fivetran, Stitch)
- Experience with building Looker data models (LookML), data pipeline management technologies with dependency checking (e.g. Airflow, dbt), schema design, & dimensional data modeling
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, & attention to detail for data validation & QA
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical co-workers
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.