Valueeasy to describe with broad generalities but terribly difficult to quantify with hard measurements. And that is the task that Box Value Engineering (BVE) has taken on. Our team seeks to help its customers & prospects understand, measure, & ultimately optimize their Box investment.
Much like Box is redefining how people work together, Box Value Engineering seeks to transform how value is measured. We do not rely on conventional approaches from traditional vendors. We pursue a new, agile, disciplined path to support a cloud-first world. In its first year of operation, BVE established the foundations that have been enthusiastically embraced by our stakeholders. This year, we intend to 10X things.
Its an irreverent team. Its a demanding environment. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity to stretch & learn & shape your growth.
The Value Engineer Role
Box is looking for Value Engineers across regionstocollaborate with our prospects & customers to develop business cases derived from a value-based methodology. In this role you will work cross-functionally withaccount execs, sales engineering,customer success, consulting, & marketingtoestablish a shared vision with our customers & help them achieve their strategic goals.
You will play a critical role inthe development of both quantitative & qualitative analyses. The successful candidate must possess an inquisitive, disciplined mind, be able to holdin-depth value oriented conversationswith CXOs,enterprise architects, & line-of-business users. Most important is a firm understanding of the impact that digital transformation has on an organization. Previous value engineering experience is not required.
Skills & qualities for success
- The ability to build financial models in Excel is required
- Strong active listening skills
- Confidencebased on rigorous preparation & forethought.
- A high degree of curiosity with particular emphasis in discovering the interrelationship of business systems
- An innovative mindset that is attuned to a digital business landscape
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proactively engage target accounts & respective account teams with value engineering methodology
- Assist in conducting value analyses for Box prospects & customers. This includes the creation of analytical models as well as written reports to convey the findings.
- Assist in the production & delivery ofexecutivelevelpresentationsin the field
- Represent the value engineering practice during EICs through presentations to C-Level audiences
- Enable the sales organization & supporting teams on the value engineering service offering & tools
- Assistcross-functional teamsin a series of customer interviews & workshops as a component of value assessments
- Collect & measure keyindustrymetrics toestablish trends & benchmarking
- 5+ years experience inValue Engineering, Management Consulting, Professional Services, or Sales Engineering
- Financial modeling proficiency strong Excel skills
- Domain expertise inEnterprise Content Management (ECM)and/or IT infrastructure and/or digital transformation. Experience withSoftware as a Service (SaaS)is a plus.
- Comfortable presenting in front of C-Level audiences
- Must understand technologies & processes used by enterprise IT organizations
- Must understand how information, content, & documents flow across an organization in the context of a business process
- Excellent organization & communication skills