KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Design & Construction Software Subject Matter Expert
Successful applicants are interested in being a part of a diversified SME Team working at the leading edge of a generational software effort to transform the built environment. They are expected to have experience, expertise or a developing expertise in end-to-end data integration, productized design, manufacturing & prefabrication, the role of technology & data as enablers, along with the ability for effective technical storytelling. They will also be able to strategize & form communications for many of the emerging building technology trends, including; machine learning, AI, BIM, digital twins, generative design & design to fabrication.
The central responsibilities for the Apollo Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be managing the collaborations with our Apollo Pioneer companies, as well as broader industry engagement & outreach, ensuring our first customers have the most successful outcomes from working with our Apollo team & solutions. The role is a truly dynamic position, operating at the convergence of software design, development & industry engagement. A Katerra internal component will involve interactions with numerous departments & software development teams within Apollo, as well as Katerra users.
Katerra Apollo A software platform providing actionable data to stakeholders across the building lifecycle. Apollo engages stakeholders at the very beginning enabling development teams to compare & analyze sites, as well as quickly develop multiple site layouts with buildings-as-products, increasing confidence & reducing risk for the design as it moves forward. During design Apollo enables the integration of multiple data sources, as well as the BIM, creating data streams related to location, time, cost, workforce, materials, & performance. Projects can continue into construction, leveraging the value of the integrated data in ways that previously havent been possible, while staying on top of the complexity & dynamics during the phase. The story of integrated & actionable data continues into operations.
The Apollo modules & platform have been developing for Katerras internal use on projects, & modules of Apollo will begin being released commercially in 2020.
Apollo Pioneer Program A select group of companies collaborating with the Katerra Apollo team to define & implement workflows that differ from Katerra workflows to enhance the Apollo commercial release.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Think creatively, communicate clearly, & problem-solve effectively
- Support Katerras Apollo vision & strategic direction
- Build & maintain breadth & depth of expertise in the Katerra Apollo platform & the underlying data structure, as well as Katerras Building-as-a-product types, manufacturing capabilities, & other strategic areas related to Apollo.
- Subject Matter resource (depending on area(s) of focus) for software development teams to assist first, defining & refining technical requirements for feature development in an agile process, & second, testing & evaluating the implementation.
- Subject Matter resource (depending on area(s) of focus) for software development teams to assist how data is collected, analyzed, mined, & utilized within Apollo.
- Guide & manage collaboration projects & relationships with Pioneer Partners
- Facilitate sessions & discussions with groups of Katerra Users, Pioneer Partners, & other industry groups, harvesting & synthesizing feedback to develop business and/or technical requirements.
- Occasional involvement in industry events, committees, and/or conferences, & providing public presentations.
- Travel: Although difficult to estimate specifically, the SME role will involve travel 25-50%, which will include international travel.
- Although SME includes the word expert, there is no I in Expert. We are interested in strong team members.
- Reports to Senior Director, Industry Strategy & Customer Success, & will be part of a growing SME global team.
- A bachelors degree in a related field to your proposed SME area(s).
- The ability to describe technical issues, simply. Technical story-telling that brings the audience/users in, while also guiding them on a path of understanding
- Demonstratable expertise in an area(s) of the building lifecycle and/or the role of data.
- The ability to synthesize complex data & input from multiple sources into technical requirements.
Desirable Skills (not specifically required or limited to):
- The ability to describe technical issues, simply. Technical story-telling that brings the users/audience in, while also guiding them to a path of understanding
- Experience & expertise in analysis of datasets utilizing machine training, machine learning and/or AI.
- An inquisitive, self-motivated person, who also is a team player, & knows when to request assistance and/or gain input from others.
- Masters degrees and/or higher-level degrees that assist quantifying demonstrable experience/expertise in SME area(s).
- Certifications and/or completed training programs that assist quantifying demonstrable experience/expertise in SME area(s)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.