Quidd is the world's largest social marketplace for digital goods.
Through its apps, Gen Z & Millennials collect, buy, sell, & display limited-edition digital stickers, cards, & 3D toys featuring IP from the worlds best media brands, including Disney, Marvel, HBO, Hasbro, Fox, & others. Collecting, owning, & using rare stuff, like sneakers, streetwear, or trading cards, is a universal human behavior. Quidd's mission is to bring this experience online -- in digital format -- for billions of people.
The company raised its Series A from Sequoia in the fall of 2017 & is based in NYC.
We are looking for a Mid-Level Backend Engineer to join our team in NYC & help us design & build out a scalable backend system & manage a growing team.
- Design perform, robust APIs to support mobile & desktop clients
- Manage & optimize scalable distributed systems on the cloud
- Work with & optimize RDBMS-based heterogeneous storage systems.
- Produce solid quality code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality & speed
- 3+ years software development experience
- Skilled software engineer with experience in multiple compiled languages (Golang, Java, C++)
- Excellent foundation in computer science, algorithms, & software design
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and/or Redis
- Comfortable working in a source controlled environment with a team of developers across multiple branches
- Excellent spoken & written English communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Git or other code repository available for review
- Experience designing RESTful APIs, specifically for mobile apps
- Experience working on distributed systems, data science projects, or building data pipelines
Who you are
You are our ideal candidate if you...
- Have a passion for collecting or a love for cartoons, comics, games, or movies
- Are able to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Dream of working on a small & collaborative team