BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for someone with an understanding & love of web culture, digital media, & online video to help take our social publishing game to the next level.
Reporting to our Lead Social Media Strategist & working on our Hollywood campus, you will assist our social publishing team with optimizing our video content & audience engagement for all of BuzzFeeds YouTube channels. You have a background in digital media and/or social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of YouTube, & have an accessible & responsive working style.
You have a passion for social media content & digital publishing & can understand & summarize how & why certain pieces of content blow up where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This is a freelance, short-term contract that includes a 40 hour/week, running ASAP-January.
- Create clickable & eye-catching titles & thumbnails for videos
- Optimize video metadata for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & SEO best practices
- Monitor discussions, posts, & comments across multiple YouTube channels & assist with comment moderation
- Experiment with how our content is presented on platform, analyze results, & give actionable feedback
- Collaborate with the social team to help with day-to-day tasks on YouTube
- Extremely strong Photoshop knowledge & experience
- Deep understanding of how titling & thumbnails can affect performance
- Experience in digital media and/or marketing
- Understanding & love of the digital landscape
- Knowledge of the YouTube platform ecosystems & best practices
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Reddit user
- Exceptionally strong organizational & communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Please submit 3-5 samples of social media thumbnails youve created.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.