Latch is seeking a Head ofPR & Strategic Communicationsto develop a holistic communications strategy for the business, inclusive of branding, public relations, & crisis management. Youll lead PR strategy & execution while working closely with senior executives & the rest of the Marketing team. Your plans will help the team build a strong external narrative that will resonate with the many people that may interact with Latch on a daily basis- real estate owners, access trade channels, architects, property managers, & residents.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Develop & implement a strategic PR & external communications plan that builds Latchs brand
- Positions Latch as a thought leader in technology, real estate, & societal trends which drives brand awareness & new business opportunities
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to develop opportunities
- Support marketing initiatives as part of integrated marketing campaigns
- Actively develop & manage relationships with the media, customer PR leads, & resident friendlies
- Create content for press releases, byline articles & keynote presentations
- Drive & manage Public Relations agency with respect to all public relations activities
- Launch social media strategy to engage audiences in real-time
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients & make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Anticipate security & privacy challenges & proactively develop strategies & solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience pitching national, regional, consumer, business, & vertical publications; real estate experience a plus
- An understanding of the bigger-picture & an ability to advance company narratives in the down-cycles between launches
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with senior leadership & teams across an organization, including product, engineering, marketing, business, sales, & customer support
- Excellent organization skills
- A self-starter attitude with an ability to adapt to change & new projects
- Recommended 5 years relevant work experience at either at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.