VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative & media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, APAC & LATAM. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
In A Nutshell:
The Associate Director, Buying is responsible for serving as the day to day leader inside
our Media Department, mentoring & working closely with a unified media buying unit consisting of Media Analysts, Senior Media Analysts & Managers, Buying. You will be functioning as a trusted & respected leader within the organization & relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, & client/partner relationships. You will report into a Director, Media, working closely with this individual, your buying teammates, as well as other core discipline team members (Media Planning, Data Analytics) as required to service your assigned clients goals.
What Youd Do:
- Regularly meet with direct reports setting daily expectations, to ensure theyre tracking towards goals, providing strategic guidance, & running training sessions.
- Act as client lead maintaining client relationships, acting on executional or strategic needs, presenting media plans & campaign results etc.
- Ensure campaign performance is of the highest standard managing ongoing measurement against client KPI's, business objectives, & reporting on performance providing thought leadership on all media plans.
- Ensure strategy, approach & direction meets (or exceeds) client expectations for any given campaign or initiative striving to be proactive vs. reactive with your approach to their businesses
- Oversee finance processes monthly reviewing budget reports, media authorizations, & billing.
- Partner with Director to deliver best-in-class media investment strategy & execution outputs, derived from industry insights & expertise.
- Communicate information internally & externally managing deliverables between client, account, & analysts.
- Continue to establish internal policies & POVs on agency partnerships, the general digital media landscape, & current client business cases.
- Collaborate across agency disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Actively consider new opportunities for key client(s), proactively recommending new tactics, partners, etc.
What youve Got:
- A minimum 4 years of media buying experience working within paid search platforms
- Experience working with Paid Social/Programmatic platforms is a plus
- Any experience in the following is a plus:
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- Experience leading & managing growing teams with the ability to clearly communicate team priorities & unify the team members around a common goal.
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, & social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success & measurement opportunities.
- Clear attention-to-detail & organizational excellence to ensure flawless delivery of planned strategies.
- Act as a role model & embody a true leadership mentality:People-first mentality (We call this the Honey Empire), Inspire positivity & respect among employees, Ensure employees achieve attainable professional goals/hit demarcated growth.
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive & representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, & behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, & location.
- Base Salary $90,100- $115,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits